Kindergarten @ BVS, a new year-round private kindergarten with rolling admissions will be opening September 7, 2020 and is accepting students for in-person education. The school will bring a Reggio-inspired learning experience, with a structured yet creative program, to Barrington, NH and its surrounding communities.
New England Tutors has been working closely with Donna Massucci, Owner and Director at Kindergarten @ BVS to provide support for curriculum building, teacher recruiting, special needs program design, mental health and wellness program integration as well as transition services into public or private first grade.
We are extremely excited to begin this journey with students and their families,” said Donna Massucci, Owner and Director at Kindergarten @ BVS. “A child’s desire and curiosity to learn does not have a beginning or an end. Their minds are ever-expanding as they take in the world and the work around them. Our program honors that process. We have created a structured yet creative program that allows children to flourish by engaging in activities that expand their social and cognitive accomplishments.
The school was created with careful consideration of the ways learning methods, environmental aspects and relationships interact. With this in mind the program focuses on the social, emotional, physical and cognitive growth of each child and follows the guiding principles of the Reggio Emilia approach.
The Kindergarten @ BVS Program Offers:
- Rolling admissions so that students, ranging in age from four to six, may enter the program at any time during the calendar year.
- A year-round learning experience that will include 48 weeks of learning with one (1) week off per season (4 weeks total).
- “Wrap-around” care for all 48 weeks of the school year. The school day will begin at 8 am and end at 2 pm. Guided play will be offered before and after school hours, starting at 7 am and ending at 5 pm, and is included in regular tuition.
- Integrated services that provide for special needs assessments and intervention. Support for learning, social and emotional challenges will ensure a smooth transition into 1st grade.
- On-site mental health professional supporting and working with the teachers and students daily to ensure optimum mental and physical wellness.
What is The Reggio-Inspired Experience?
Kindergarten @ BVS is founded upon the guiding principles of the Reggio Emilia approach. Schools that apply this philosophy carefully consider how learning methods, environmental aspects and relationships all interact. There are seven guiding principles that a school must adhere to and that ultimately distinguish it from other schools:
- Children are capable to construct their own learning.
- Children are collaborators and learn through interaction within their communities.
- Children are natural communicators and should be encouraged to express themselves however they feel they can.
- The classroom environment acts as the third teacher.
- Teachers are partners, nurturers and guides who help facilitate the exploration of children’s interests as they work on short- and long-term projects.
- Documentation is a critical component of communication.
- Parents are partners in education.
The Reggio philosophy focuses on group learning and life experiences as compared to Montessori which encourages individual learning. Reggio also differs greatly from Waldorf where the educational emphasis is placed on fantasy learning and imagination in an open classroom with no corners and walls. Reggio promotes real life events and problem solving.
“I welcome families to come and explore our school,” said Massucci. “We would be happy to give you a private tour by reservation and answer any questions.”
Kindergarten @ BVS is accepting applications.
Learn more, schedule a tour and apply.